91 Phillip Street

Parramatta NSW 2150 (Office)

0483 338 454

Book A Services​

Mon-Sun: 9:00 - 6:00

Trading Hours

How To Protect Your House From Flooding

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

Flooding can often be the most devastating weather event in Australia, but what can you do to protect your home from the worst damage?  what do you need to do during the rainy season to protect your homes and possessions from it?


If you live or work in a flood-prone area or are unsure whether you need to travel to flood-prone areas, you can contact your local council to find out if your workplace or residence is in the flood risk area. You can also consult the National Flood Risk Information Portal, which helps people understand the flood risk in their local area. If you are travelling, living or working in flood-prone areas in Australia, you should contact local authorities who can provide you with information on the extent of flood risk to your property. You can also enter your data into the Australian Flood Risk Information Portal, which provides a breakdown of the risks in your region and a list of local flood warnings and alerts.


If your area is already flooded or you live in a known flood zone, you can learn how to protect yourself, your family, pets and your property from the effects. Also familiarize yourself with the escape staircase plans for the area and learn how high the next stream, such as a river, must rise before a flood threatens your home.


Another option is to take out home contents insurance to cover any flood damage. One of the things you should also do is take out your home contents insurance to cover any flood damage. Another thing you can do is take out home contents insurance, which covers flood damage.


If you do not have special flood insurance, the vast majority of home contents insurance will cover storm damage and storm damage. However, if your property is at risk of flooding, make sure that your home contents insurance includes flood protection and that you have a sufficient amount of insurance to protect your belongings. Flood insurance can be cheaper if the insurer also considers the risk of flooding to be high, but it is not always cheap.


While this will set you back a few hundred dollars, improving the roof protection can do wonders to prevent flood damage to your home. If your homes have even a penny of AEP, refurbishment to make them flood-resistant is considered financially viable.


When the flood is over, you might want to consider upgrading your sewage system so that water can leave your property in the event of flooding. Think of upgrades that protect you from future flooding, such as flood walls, storm drains and flood-proof roofs.


Have flood-proof doors and windows installed and pay particular attention to the basement of your house. Inadequate or incorrectly built – a sewage disposal can have disastrous effects on the house, so have your basement checked and sealed by a specialist. A professional builder should be able to come into your house, assess its problems and find the best way to protect it from flooding.


If you are not sure if your property is flood prone, your local council can provide you with a flood map of your area and may also help you. Find out why floods happen and what you can do to manage your flood risk. Find out if there are rivers and whether plans to change drainage could increase the risk of flooding in your areas.


If you live in a high-risk flood zone and are prepared for an evacuation, there are several things you can do to physically protect your home from flooding. One of the first things to consider is putting together an emergency kit that is ready to use in the event of a flood.


Homeowners who take action to protect their homes from flooding can get a discount on their flood insurance premiums. If you live in an older house in a flood-prone area, make sure you have checked your insurance options. Take a photo or video of flooding in your home so an insurance provider can show you, provided you have flood insurance cover.


Most policies for the content of homes cover storm and rainwater (and sometimes run away). Rainwater is what your insurer pays for storm or storm water coverage based on the scenario principles.


If the water escapes and causes damage to the house or property, it is classified as flooding. The definition of flood varies from policy to policy, but it is generally guaranteed to be covered just because your home has been damaged by water. A flood can also be a “flood” when the water escapes and causes damage to the house and property.


If you know that your house is in a floodplain, you can take out flood insurance as directed by your lender. As mentioned above, if your property is flooded more frequently than 1 in 100 years, you are more likely to get a home loan for the “flood zone.” This means that even if it flooded yesterday, it will only be considered as such once in 100 years, and you will not flood in another 100 years

For emergency help in flood, storm and tsunami NSW SES 132 500 For life-threatening emergencies call 000




More To Explore

Our Services

Household Rubbish Removal
White Goods Removal
Mixed Rubbish Removal
Office Rubbish Removal
Building And Demolition Waste
Commercial Rubbish Removal
Garden Waste Removal
End Of Lease Rubbish
Junk Removal
Deceased Estate House Rubbish Removal
Food Waste
Mattress Removal
Scrap Metal Waste

Payment Types Accepted

contact us


0483 338 454

Our Partners:

Cheap Junk Removal